Position Bookkeeper – Full Time
Summary of the Role
Working with the President and the CFO, the Bookkeeper will be responsible for full-cycle day-to-day accounting and ensuring smooth daily operations. The successful candidate will be the only office bookkeeper at the company and will have strong attention to detail with the ability to work well under pressure for a growing business.
- Under the direction of the CRO, prepare and process full cycle bookkeeping – including all government remittances. Specific responsibilities include:
- Preparation of bank reconciliations, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, intercompany GL postings, tax filings. (HST, WSIB, T4, installments)
- Manage collections and cash flow
- Make bank deposits, wire transfers and other bank related activities
- Post Payroll and intercompany GL postings
- Reconcile Bank and Credit Card Reconciliations
- Process customer sales orders and invoices
- Provide comprehensive support to the President and management team
- Provide additional supporting administrative and HR activities such as vacation requests, tracking sick days)
- Identify process improvements and system efficiencies.
- Prepare of year-end packages for accountants, i.e. preparing a trial balance, adjusting entries, reconciling accounts.
- Prepare and process payroll through online software
- Other duties as required
Successful Applicants will have
- Completed University Degree/Diploma in Accounting/Finance; and Bookkeeping;
- Working towards CPA designation an asset
- 3-5 years of work experience in bookkeeping;
- Attention to detail, meticulous and highly organized
- Bookkeeping experience with QuickBooks Online or other similar accounting software
- Strong mathematical skills and ability to navigate in excel
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Must be highly accurate and willing to take responsibility for various accounting issues;
- Strong work ethic, diligent, committed and able to juggle priorities in a fast-paced environment and produce work that demonstrates attention to detail;
- The ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments;
- Proven ability to work independently or as part of a team;
- Planning and organizing workflow to meet various deadlines for clients and senior management;
- Knowledge of Ceridian, or other payroll systems;
How to Apply:
Please send resume with cover letter outlining how you meet our specific requirements for the position and send to [email protected]
We wish to thank all applicants for their application. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note, as we are highly regulated industry, the selected candidate may be required to submit to any special requirements, e.g. criminal records check.